Click the button above to go to the Tour de Fleece Blog entries
June 8th, 2008 (NEW)
- Links to the Tour de Fleece Blog entries have been updated by Katherine's Tech Guy (Hi, spinners! — TG). More changes to come Real Soon Now to get the site ready for the 2008 edition of Le Tour de Fleece. Please keep checking regularly for updates.
August 9th, 2007
- The 2007 Edition blog buttons for the Maillot Jaune and Prix de la Combativité for participants are now posted.
July 9th, 2007
- Per Cindy's request, The Other has added the Women's Cap Sleeve T-Shirt (available in several colours) to the CaféPress Tour de Fleece Store. Katherine said she's happy to add more products to the store if people request particular items they're interested in buying, since the proceeds of the sales will be donated to the Dyana Afghan Women's Fund to support their charitable work in Afghanistan.
- Reminder (also from The Other) that the Home Page (this page) for the Tour de Fleece is where you end up first when you enter the site (either via www.TourDeFleece.com or the old URL wabisabi.typepad.com/le_tour_de_fleece); the Tour de Fleece Blog, where you'll find Katherine's progress updates, is linked off the Home Page in the sidebar (there are links to both the main blog page and to individual Recent Posts).
July 5th, 2007
- The Tour de Fleece 2007 shop at CaféPress is now up! The proceeds of sales from the shop will be donated to Dyana Afghan Women's Fund.
- Le Tour de Fleece now has its own domain name (URL): you can link to it at www.TourDeFleece.com (the old URL still works, though, in case you have it bookmarked).
- Along with the domain, there's a new Tour de Fleece specific e-mail address too -- you can send me messages via Katherine AT TourDeFleece DOT com (you know to replace the AT and DOT with the appropriate punctuation, right? Sigh... spammers). A button to click to send e-mail is being added to the sidebar.
Eligibility: Any spinner who would like to take on a spinning challenge during the 2007 Tour de France bicycle race.
Concept: You will set yourself a personal spinning challenge. You will begin spinning on the first stage of the Tour (July 7th), and finish on or before the last stage (July 29th). You, of course, may spin on those days designated rest days for the riders.
1. The idea is to set yourself a challenge. It doesn't matter what the challenge is -- it could be spinning fine for the first time, or producing an artsy fartsy yarn as an exercise, it could be spinning enough for a specific project. If you've always wanted to spin a little every day (say, a spinning meditation practice), but never seem to find time for it, perhaps that could be the challenge -- spinning every morning of the tour. What matters is you set out the challenge, and meet it during the specified time.
2. There will be no spinning before the start of the first stage.
3. You must finish spinning before the last stage ends.
4. You may sample and do other research as needed beforehand if it helps you decide on your challenge, or will help provide you the tools and information you need to meet the challenge.
The Maillot Jaune (Yellow Jersey)
As much as I enjoy the different categories of the Tour de France, for the purposes of the Tour de Fleece, there is only one option -- the Maillot Jaune (Yellow Jersey). Either you meet your challenge, or you don't.
Finishers will get a button for their blog, which will be essentially the same as last year's version. Of course, there is the immense pride in undertaking the Tour and riding -- er -- spinning to completion.
Entering the Tour de Fleece 2007
To enter the Tour de Fleece 2007 spinning challenge, please leave a comment stating your name (nicknames are acceptable) and the URL for your blog or the webpage where you'll be reporting your spinning progress during the running of this year's Tour de France bicycle race. You can also submit your entry by e-mail via the link in the sidebar -- make sure you put "Tour de Fleece" in the subject line.
Entries will be posted below -- please check the list for your entry, allowing a couple of days from the time you submit it for me to update the list. If you haven't been added to the list of participants after a few days, please let me know in the comments or by e-mail as I may have missed seeing it the first time around.
There is no deadline for entering the Tour de Fleece this year -- if you discover us a week into the event, feel free to join in, and set a goal you think you can reach in the time remaining.
Here are the spinners participating in the Tour de Fleece 2007, listed in alphabetical order (er, well, except for me that is... to make it easier for you to check that I didn't miss your entry):
- Katherine (the Tour de Fleece's organizer) -- blog: Wabi Sabi
- Anj -- blog: Purlewe
- Barb -- blog: Wingsandstrings
- Becky -- blog: So many hobbies!
- Beverly -- blog: PoMo Golightly
- Cassa -- blog: Spinning A Yarn: Orchid's Knit Spot
- Chelsea -- blog: Spinning Mom of 3
- Cheri -- blog: Blogging Opie
- Cindy -- blog: Fitter Knitter
- Cj -- blog: Siege
- Counry Mouse -- blog: Whatever Works
- d2 -- blog: ???
- Debbie -- blog: Miss Malarkey
- Elizabeth -- blog: Trailing Yarn
- Heather -- blog: SnerKnits
- Helen -- blog: The back of the sofa
- Holly (1) -- blog: ProseKnitic - of Words and Woll
- Holly (2) -- blog: renglass
- Jenger -- blog: Knitted Specks
- Jessica -- blog: Rose-Kim Knits
- Jen -- blog: Knitting Under the Influence
- Jo -- blog: Half A Sheep
- Julie -- blog: tisjewel
- Karen -- blog: Wooly-minded
- Kate -- blog: Dove Cottage
- Kathie -- blog: Snowleaf Studio
- KatyaR -- blog: Plains Girl
- LaRue -- blog: ???
- Laurie -- blog: Feeling a Bit Sheepish
- Lilian -- blog: Thread or Yarn
- Lily -- blog: Sticks n' Spin
- Lynn in Tucson -- blog: ???
- Marilyn -- blog: The Knitting Curmudgeon
- Mary -- blog: Cat's Fiber Adventures
- Michele -- blog: Milagro Garden
- MIchelle -- blog: Wooldancer
- Mims -- blog: k2tog - A knitting blog
- Morgan -- blog: Fibre Addict
- Nancy -- blog: Knitting on a Bus
- Nishanna -- blog: Nishanna likes to knit
- NJStacie -- blog: From Boston to Algiers
- Rae -- blog: Extravayarnza
- Rochelle -- blog: Yosemites Knitting Addiction
- Sam -- blog: KnitMe
- Sarah -- blog: Zeitgeist
- Stephanie -- blog: SometimesSheKnits
- Ted -- blog: Knitterguy
- Treesa -- blog: Semper Knits
- Wendy -- blog: Lanas de Libélula
The idea is that we'll all post our progress on our blogs, but don't worry if you don't have a blog -- feel free to share your progress in the comments here on the Tour de Fleece blog!
All participants are encouraged to spread the word about the Tour de Fleece, and can post a copy of this badge on their blog with a link back to this site:
Note: Please download a copy of the badge to your PC by right-clicking on the badge and selecting "Save image as..." (or whatever equivalent term your browser/OS uses...); then upload the image file to your blog. Thanks!
The Tour de Fleece Blog
Click here for the Tour de Fleece 2007 blog.
Didn't participate last year? Just want to revisit everyone's progress from the first event? You can also go back to the blog for the 2006 Tour de Fleece.